Hopin Founder & CEO Johnny Boufarhat was featured today on The Twenty Minute VC where he shared insights on remote work, scaling your team, and what it's like leading the charge at one of the fastest-growing companies on the planet.
This Episode Includes:
- How Johnny made his way into the world of startups and how health challenges led to his realization and founding of Hopin.
- Johnny's biggest lessons scaling the team from 10 to 235 in just 9 months, including the biggest learnings on what it takes to acquire the best talent.
- How remote work has so fundamentally changed the game, including the ways remote culture differs from physical culture, advice for those shifting from physical to remote, and where Johnny sees so many make mistakes with the remote model.
- How fundraising is a game of leverage and how Johnny would advise founders to structure their raise including (including whether or not to shop their term sheets around and if they should always be raising).
- What the world of virtual events will look like in a post COVID world. What events will remain virtual? What will not? And how Hopin expands beyond purely events into the much wider "connection" space, including what that means for product expansion.
The good news is Hopin is continuing to grow and hire remote for roles across all teams, aiming to hit 400+ remote employees by the end of January 2021. If you love moving fast, working smart, and solving innovative challenges in the world of events, our team would love to meet you! Check out our careers page below.