Black Friday is more than just deals and discounts — it means we’re officially in the heart of the holiday season! And we all know that this year, that translates to virtual holiday events.
So how about combining the two and scoring a free company holiday party? This holiday season, Hopin is offering any new clients that sign up for Hopin advanced plans (excludes Starter Plans) a free end-of-year holiday party for their team. This internal employee event is free for up to 1,000 registrations and our account management team will offer a complimentary pre-event onboarding as long as you give our team two weeks advance notice.
What does a virtual company holiday party look like? Anything works, but here are some fun ideas for a creative festive company gathering next month.
Two festive ideas for your company gathering
1. Company Awards Show
There are so many creative ways we’ve seen awards shows set up, but the key piece is having entertaining and engaging interaction with your employees, such as awarding team superlatives. You can include a pre-recorded video on the Hopin Stage with highlights of the team or performance over the past year, or present awards live and invite recipients to join the Stage to accept their award
2. Gift Exchange
If your team wants to orchestrate a gift exchange, you can set up different rooms or expo booths to gather and swap gifts. One idea we especially loved discovering was Elfster, the world’s #1 secret Santa generator! Have everyone on your team that’s interested in doing an exchange sign up and the names are drawn at random (and all completely secret).
5 Practical Virtual Event Tips
If you're new to Hopin, here are five tips to make your holiday event a success.
- If your company event is less than 500 people, consider using a Session in Hopin instead of the Stage to keep things simple and easy to manage.
- Play music via YouTube videos before and after your live presentations to make the atmosphere lively and entertaining.
- Add prize drawings as booths in your event’s Expo area to give your employees chances to win gifts and prizes.
- Break up your scheduled agenda activities with time for Networking so that teammates can meet each other one on one and catch up for a few minutes.
- Use a Session in your event on Hopin for an “open mic” time for the company to give 30-second shout outs to each other. This not only encourages people to break the ice and come on camera but it also brings a positive and energetic vibe to your event.
When you’re gathering your company for a festive holiday or end-of-year event virtually (whether it’s for the first time or if you’ve always been remote) it’s important to have good branding. Hopin has designed three templates for advanced plan clients to use for your internal company holiday party, depending on what you’re planning to organize.
A Hopin Template is a color palette for you to utilize with the Advanced Branding feature in your event dashboard:
- Holiday theme
- Christmas theme
- New Years theme