What’s in these guidelines?
These community guidelines set out the rules and standards that apply when you participate in a Hopin Event, submit content to an Event at hopin.to (the “Platform”) or otherwise interact with other users on the Platform.
The Platform and these guidelines
Various different people use our Hopin.to in different ways and in different roles, whether you are an organiser, presenter, sponsor or just attending an Event, you must comply with these guidelines when you use the Platform.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to make a contribution or upload content to Hopin.to, or to make contact with other users of Hopin.to, you must comply with the content standards below.
You warrant that any contribution you make or content you upload complies with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content submitted by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
Who we are and how to contact us
hopin.to is a site operated by Hopin Ltd (“Hopin”, "we", "us", or "our"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 12035150 and have our registered office at Seedcamp Office, 5 Bonhill Street, Shoreditch, London, England, EC2A 4BX.
To contact us, please email [email protected]
By using the Platform you accept these guidelines
By using the Platform, you confirm that you accept these guidelines and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these guidelines, you must not use the Platform.
We recommend that you print a copy of these guidelines for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
Our User Terms also apply to your use of the Platform.
We may make changes to the terms of these guidelines
We amend these guidelines from time to time. These guidelines were most recently updated on 25 May 2020.
You may use the Platform only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Platform:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards set out below.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the Platform or any content on it in contravention of the provisions of our User Terms (or unless you are explicitly permitted to do so).
- Not to access, modify or copy any content or information on Hopin.to using any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or any manual process for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Not to deep-link to any portion of Hopin.to for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Not to “frame”, “mirror” or otherwise incorporate any part of Hopin.to into any other website without our prior written authorisation;
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Platform;
- any equipment or network on which the Platform is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Platform; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
When attending an Event as an attendee, or using the Platform as an Authorised User of an Event Organiser, there are many interactive features that you can use (“interactive features”).
We do not moderate Events or any other content on Hopin.to
Whenever you use any of the interactive features on the Platform, please note that their use is not moderated. All content appears on Hopin.to as it is submitted by a user or Event organiser and will only be sent for moderation if a complaint is received via our complaints process. If you have a legitimate reason to complain about content on Hopin.to or a user is in breach of these terms, please contact us at [email protected]
We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive feature we provide on the Platform, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive feature by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Nonetheless, if it is brought to our attention or we discover that any User has breached these guidelines, we may in our sole and absolute discretion terminate their access to the Platform with immediate effect.
We will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
The use of any of our interactive features by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive feature that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any interactive feature should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
These content standards (“Content Standards”) apply to any and all Contribution (as defined in the User Terms) you make to the Platform, and to any interactive features associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts).
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person.
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- include child sexual abuse material.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- be in contempt of court.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
Breach of this policy
When we consider that a breach of these community guidelines has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with these community guidelines constitutes a material breach of the User Terms upon which you are permitted to use the Platform, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Platform.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to the Platform.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these community guidelines. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Infringement of copyright works - Take-down Notices.
If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and is accessible on Hopin.to, please notify us immediately. For your complaint to be valid, you must provide the following information in writing:
- An electronic or physical signature of a person authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner;
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and where it is located on the web site;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or law; and
- A signed statement that the above information is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorised to act on behalf of the owner.